How Metrobank Protects your data:
- Your data is protected by law. We will keep your data confidential and use it only within the bounds of applicable Philippine laws, rules, and regulations.
- Your data is collected through secure channels. We collect your data through secure contact points, such as our trained branch personnel, our Contact Centers, and our electronic channels.
- Your data is stored in our systems and protected by our high security standards. We enforce very strict policies on data within the Metrobank Group, making use of physical, technological, and procedural safeguards to keep our systems secure. Our employees regularly train in matters of protection, privacy, and confidentiality and we impose sanctions and penalties for non-compliance.
Finally, we only engage with outside companies who meet our security standards. Sharing of information shall be subject to authorization procedures and proper approvals.
Appropriate security controls shall be put in place in the transmission of data using secure channels.
We value your data privacy rights
We recognize your right to have control over your personal data. So, in the spirit of trust and transparency, here are what we collect from you and what we use it for.
What data Metrobank collects from you:
- Personal data and employment details
- Financial information, business interests, and assets
- Transaction details with third-party merchants and companies
- Video, image, and sound recordings of when you transact in branches or contact us via phone calls.
- Non-personal information that can be read on your device when you use Metrobank’s websites, apps, and other electronic platforms.
What Metrobank uses your data for:
- To protect you. We use your data to further secure your accounts from fraud and other illegal activities.
- To keep your information updated. We use your data to validate, verify, and update your information and documents.
- To facilitate transactions and offer you relevant products. We share your data within the Metrobank Group and to carefully selected third-party service providers to facilitate transactions and let you know about products and services relevant to you.
- To perform legal duties. We use your data to further improve our legal duties and due diligence in anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism efforts as well as other activities required by law.
- To settle claims or disputes. We use your data to settle claims or disputes involving our products and services. Your data can also be used for prosecuting or defending Metrobank or its employees if needed.
We recognize your agency and ownership of your data. As such, we recognize the following:
Your rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012:
- The right to know if your data is being processed or has been processed, what data is being processed, and for what purposes.
- The right to demand reasonable access to your data and obtain a copy of such data in an electronic or structured format.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data, including processing for direct marketing, automated processing or profiling, and to dispute and correct inaccuracies and errors in your data.
- The right to revoke, block, remove, or destroy your data if it’s proven to be incomplete, outdated, unlawfully obtained, or used for unauthorized transactions.
- The right to damages sustained from inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained data as well as damages from unauthorized uses of your data.
- The right to file a complaint.
How long Metrobank can keep your data
We will keep your data safely stored in our system and regularly updated throughout the entirety of your relationship with us. Only authorized personnel who have accomplished strict security training will have access to it.
If you choose to close your relationship with us, we are obligated to delete your data within 5 years after you formally settle and close all engagements with the bank. Records, back-up tape reels and cartridges containing information are physically destroyed (e.g. removed from their cases, immersed in water and, or cut into small pieces).
Your safety is our priority
We care for the safety and security of all our clients and partners. Because of this, we highly encourage the following:
- Protect and update your information. Keep your data safe by making sure your account details, PINs, username, and password are not accessible to others. Use strong passwords and change them regularly. When on electronic platforms, make sure to use devices that are safe and keep your software updated. We will not be able to serve you properly if your information is not updated. Make sure the information you submit is accurate, complete, and not misleading. Keep documents that can verify your information safe and available. If there are changes to your information, inform us immediately.
- Contact us through secure channels. Take advantage of our secure channels by contacting us through our website, branches, Contact Center, MetrobankDirect Online, and MetrobankDirect Mobile. When communicating via email, never disclose sensitive information such as account numbers, credit card numbers, or passwords. We will never ask you for these via email. We will also never ask you to click a link to verify your information. If we need sensitive information, an authorized bank representative will get in touch with you.
- Report any data issues. If you think your data has been mishandled in terms of confidentiality or integrity, or if you think your data has been tampered with, contact us through any secure channels mentioned above.
You can also directly contact our Data Protection Officer through the following:
- Data Protection Officer
- 10F Metrobank Plaza, Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Urdaneta Village, Makati City
- Telephone Number: 63-2-85372882
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions, clarifications, requests, or feedback on this Statement or how we process your information, you can reach us through our branches, our Contact Center, or our Data Protection Officer.